St Mary's Aisle
Artwork by James Lothian

 

exterior view

At the west entrance to Carnwath, adjacent to Carnwath Parish Church (1867), is St Mary's Aisle, only remaining part of the Collegiate Church built in 1386.

It is recognised as a Category A Listed Building on the Secretary of State for Scotland's Statutory list.

Interior view, facing towards the north door and window as above. Note the "Wagon" shaped roof.

 

St Mary's Aisle is the Mausoleum of the Lockhart family, and previously of the Earls of Carnwath and the Lords Somerville.

interior view

window detail

Detail of one section of the above window.

 

Not an original feature, it was gifted by the Lockhart family in the 19th century.

 

John Williamson: Home Page

Carnwath: Location Maps

Carnwath: Landmarks

macmade logo